GP3

GP3 2014 teams and drivers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    wsrgo
    Participant

Post-season testing lineup Day 1:
    ART: Emanuele Zonzini, Pierre Gasly (runner-up in FR2.0 Eurocup), Alex Fontana.
    Arden: Ed Jones (F3 Open runner-up currently), Dino Zamparelli, Marvin Kirchhofer (German F3 champion)
    Carlin: Nicholas Latifi, Jann Mardenborough, Emil Bernstorff
    Jenzer: Patric Niederhauser, David Fumanelli, Kevin Jorg (4th in FR2.0 Alps)
    Manor: Oliver Rowland (runner-up in FR2.0 Eurocup), Ryan Cullen, Melville McKee
    Status: Kevin Korjus, Jordan King(British F3 champion, 6th in European F3), Nick Cassidy (Toyota Racing Series champion).
    RUSSIAN TIME: Sam Bird, Jimmy Eriksson, Kuba Dalewski (8th in FR2.0 NEC)
    Trident: Juan Branger (37th in FR2.0 NEC), Ivan Taranov (Protyre FR2.0), Roman de Beer(
    Koiranen: Santiago Urrutia (4th in F3 Open), Dean Stoneman, Carmen Jorda

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I wonder how much that Koiranen drive set Jorda back. She was a liability for a backmarker like Ocean, so heaven only knows what she will do for (to?) front-runners like Koiranen.

wsrgo
    Participant

ART: Alex Fontana, Emanuele Zonzini, Patric Niederhauser
    Arden: Ed Jones, Robert Visoiu, Marvin Kirchhofer
    Carlin: Jann Mardenborough, Luis sa Silva, Emil Bernstorff
    Jenzer: David Fumanelli, Kevin Jorg, TBA
    Manor: Oliver Rowland, Ryan Cullen, Dino Zamparelli
    Trident: Roman de Beer, Robert Cregan, Kuba Dalewski
    Koiranen: Dean Stoneman, Santiago Urrutia, Carmen Jorda
    RUSSIAN TIME: Ivan Taranov, Jimmy Eriksson, Markus Pommer

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Well, she must have a lot of backing, we can give that to her. But she’s been the slowest so far of the four girls, Powell fastest, Piria or Gomez second fastest? And from a sexist point of view, maybe she is the hottest? It would be interesting to see what someone who likes guys said was the hottest guy, haha. Maybe Tio Ellinas? Ahh, to have a girlfriend interested in racing. Or even a driver..

I’m surprised Gasly hasn’t got more seat time, unless it has to be bought of course.

wsrgo
    Participant

DAY 3 lineup (post-season testing)
    ART: Alex Fontana, Oliver Rowland, Jimmy Eriksson
    Arden: Emil Bernstorff, Patric Niederhauser, Jann Mardenborough
    Carlin: Nicholas Latifi, Luis sa Silva, David Pittard
    Jenzer: David Fumanelli, Levin Amweg, Sheikh Hasher al Makhtoum
    Manor: Melville McKee, Ryan Cullen, Dino Zamparelli
    Trident: Juan Branger, Robert Cregan, Saeed al Mehairi
    Koiranen: Dean Stoneman, Carmen Jorda, TBA
    RUSSIAN TIME: Ivan Taranov, Marvin Kirchhofer, Markus Pommer

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m very excited to see how Kirchhoffer and Stoneman go. Based in their resumes, I would expect them to be title contenders if they join the grid. Kirchhoffer in particular could do a Bottas/Kvyat and skip GP2 entirely.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Neiderhauser quickest on Day 3, ahead of Rowland and Stoneman.

wsrgo
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys

Kirchhoffer in particular could do a Bottas/Kvyat and skip GP2 entirely.

Could well be. The German is a Motopark protege and therefore, has close links to Russian Time, and Williams. It’s possible he could do a Bottas..

wsrgo
    Participant

South African driver Roman de Beer will drive for Trident in 2014. He becomes only the second GP3 driver to be confirmed for the upcoming season after Alex Lynn, who will be driving for Carlin. Link here.

wsrgo
    Participant

Arden have announced that Robert Visoiu and Patric Niederhauser will drive for them in 2014. The third seat is expected to go Jann Mardenborough. Here’s a link

wsrgo
    Participant

Former Indy Lights driver Victor Carbone joins Trident for the upcoming GP3 season. Link here.

magon4
    Participant

@wsrgo he used to be my student (I’m a high school teacher) and I’m really looking forward to seeing him at Spa this year. He has had some success in junior series in the US, but not enough to show for in Indy Lights to get into the CART series. Good thing, since I hope he makes it in Europe, where he really wanted to compete. With a team like Trident, any success will really stand out.
    Hoping he has a great season!

wsrgo
    Participant

@magon4 ah wow, great to hear that!

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Yes, very cool!

SP
    Participant

Carbone was significantly better on ovals than road courses, it’ll be interesting to see how he does in GP3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.