Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Going to the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix at the Marina Bay circuit? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Singapore Grand Prix.

Sue Nicholson
    Participant

Just booked. Flying in early on Sept 14.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Kids are in final years of school/uni so I can’t pull them out to go to Sg in term time this year as I usually do. So sad! I might have to go by myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a big year out last year and went to 4 GP’s – so due for a quiet year……………… but Singapore is a great family holiday :)

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I took the leap and booked – sadly younger son misses out, eldest son will join me on the Saturday. I just did the Stamford Combination this year, pretty cost effective.

Keith
    Participant

Have booked flights and accommodation, staying at the Marina Mandarin.

This is our first time and still unsure of tickets, we are having trouble deciding between Bay grandstand seats for 3 days or a walkabout ticket for 4 zones.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@keith
    Bay grandstand isn’t my favourite by a long shot. The seats are very uncomfortable as they only come half way up your back and they are as hard as granite. Also the cars go by very quickly and if you’re in the upper tiers viewing is pretty ordinary.

If this is your first time try a three stand combo. They’re well priced and if you don’t like your spot you know you won’t be there the next day. I’ve done the Stamford and Padang 3 day packs in prior years inner of which included Bay. One practice session at Bay was enough thanks. On the upside you’ll always get a cool breeze at bay and there’s an air con bar at the top of the stand.

Walkabout isn’t a bad idea but you’ll be standing up for long periods of time and that doesn’t appeal to an old joker like me. A 3 day combo will give you access to all zones on different days so I reckon it’s the best of all worlds.

Keith
    Participant

@Thecollaroyboys

Thank you for the reply, and to hear first hand from someone with experience. I will definitely look into the 3 day combos, sounds good but for some reason we never considered one earlier but makes sense for different viewing areas.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.