Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Commentary at the track

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Is there any radio commentary available at the track. With the quieter cars we realised it was easier to hear trackside announcements at Singapore where we went last year, but wondering if it would be in English or French. Additionally considering taking an FM radio in case. What other options might there be?

JohnnyG82
    Participant

I’ve not used a radio, I’ve been depending on the (overpriced) app for it. The onsite track commentary is not good, it’s not catered to actual F1 fans. If you’ve got a video screen near your seats, you’ll get more info from that.

Formula1
    Participant

The trackside commentary is done by 2 people who give basic information in each language.

Best would still be an FM radio.

scoopman
    Participant

last year I found that most of the trackside commentary on the loudspeakers was in French … the overpriced and underworking app + TV screens were the best way to know what was going on

Alan
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys, such a shame that given how much F1 costs, they can’t provide a bit of better support for fans. The reason I’m against the app is it’s very doubtful I will have access to mobile data as we’re travelling from the UK – in Singapore our hotel actually gave us a local phone with unlimited data which was also handy, though the battery was a bit poor.

@S2G-Unit
    , what is the FM radio commentary like? At Silverstone we’ve always took a FM radio with us as we can just tune into BBC Radio 5 Live (national sports radio station) or Silverstone FM (a popup radio station for the weekend with decent commentary), though I guess the purpose of the popup station is helped by the fact there’s quite a large camping attendance and they even sell FM radio headsets at the circuit.

I wish FOM would just get their act together and broadcast commentary like KangarooTV/FanVision used to, the BBC or Sky feed would be fantastic for travelling fans.

Formula1
    Participant

The loss of Fanvision is devastating. I was paying the 55$ or whatever fee during the race weekend for it. Now, I refuse to give any money to FOM and SoftPauer for that shitty overpriced app.

FM radio at the track, I think was just a local station that they would use to broadcast commentary. They usually put in the GP booklet or have it up on screen a few times during the day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.