F1

How to fix McLaren

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

As we’ve seen, 2014 was a picnic compared to 2015 for McLaren. Even fewer sponsors, the power unit from hell, and Alonso not even able to beat Button on an average day.

So what’s the answer? Change in personnel? They ditched Sam Michael and others, only to bring in Director of Useless Statements Eric Boullier (what does he do exactly) and others who didn’t make any improvements.

Is Ron Dennis the problem? Is the sports car business a distraction?

It would be interesting to hear F1F people’s solutions on how this team can get back to the front.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Alonso not even able to beat Button on an average day.

I guess we’re going to read that a whole lot more this year whilst it is absolute nonsense. There is simply nothing in the car. Alonso has retired on 4 out of 6 races plus a non start whilst Button only has 2 plus a non start. Yes, Button scored points but Alonso was 11th and 12th when he finished the race. Buttons his only points come from a crazy SC where he took advantage huge time. Even the Marussia of Jules Bianchi was that lucky last year.

As for McLaren, they shot themselves in the foot thinking this entire Honda project was going to work. It was doomed to fail. Or do we really think they would just come in, build this very complex engine en beat the most dominant car to date on the spot?

Within the currect regulations there is no chance for Honda or McLaren to go back to wherever you think they belong. Since 2013 they have been nothing better than a mid-pack team. They are going through the sale phase as Williams between 2010 and 2013. I don’t think they’ll be out of that little struggle anytime soon.

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

Simply finishing a race is considered a success at the moment for Mclaren. You really can’t read too much into the performances of the drivers when they have been so badly handicapped by the poor performance of the car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder if Button will have had enough by the end of this year, and see Hulkenberg’s Le Mans success as a prompt to go to sportscars?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.