F1

Hamilton's social media adverts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Do people actually sit watching stuff like this?

I’m one of those people who religiously mutes or fast-forwards through adverts on TV. Why would I choose to watch one on social media? Is this one of those things that has an obvious appeal if you happen to be a fan of the driver?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I follow one driver on twitter of F1 and that’s Vandoorne. I’m actually not that interested in whatever they do in their spare time, I hope they enjoy it but I don’t need to see it. Also their thread aren’t really the place for discussion if you don’t agree with the tweet anyway as the fans will instantly kill you. I follow some 20 GT drivers though, and obviously Webber because for them I do care what happens outside the track.

I still prefer the Canberra Milk Kid ad from Mark Webber. Tops them all.

Jeanrien
    Participant

Too bad, I think you are addressing a part of the population who don’t…

I created a Twitter account a few years back, added some F1 teams and drivers to test a new information feed but didn’t caught and left it there. It doesn’t bring me more of what I want than F1fanatics (and even more so now under racefans).

But while I don’t consider myself a target I understand that it could work. Some people use Twitter as their information feed to filter “information” related to their favorite team /driver only. And I guess many people are just curious about others, Facebook works on the same principle and look how many people watched the last princely wedding.

For brands it is all about reach and exposure and Lewis provides them plenty (plus identification for targeted audience)

the Canberra Milk Kid ad from Mark Webber. Tops them all.

Oh dear God that ad. I’m not sure I want to look it up and have another watch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.