Last year’s cancelled Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne cost the Victorian state government £22.5 million.
F1’s new Virtual Grand Prix series will race at Melbourne on Sunday. Codemasters’ Paul Jeal reveals why round one only attracted two current drivers and how they hope to attract more.
Daniel Ricciardo has said Formula 1 was “playing with fire” by trying to go ahead with the Australian Grand Prix in the face of growing concerns over the global pandemic.
Romain Grosjean has shed light on how Formula 1 drivers found out the Australian Grand Prix was being cancelled before it was announced.
Charles Leclerc says he’s happy to continue driving alongside Sebastian Vettel if Ferrari extends his team mate’s contract, but will respect their decision if they make a change.
A second person connected with Formula 1’s Australian Grand Prix has tested positive for the Coronavirus while in Melbourne.
Pulling out of the Australian Grand Prix was the only option for McLaren after one of their team members tested positive for the Coronavirus, says Zak Brown.
Formula 1 motorsport director Ross Brawn says he is hopeful Formula 1 will be able to hold at least 17 races this year despite the disruption caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Australian Grand Prix promoters hope to reschedule their cancelled race for later in 2020
The Australian Grand Prix promoter says there was no opportunity to give fans more warning that the race was going to be called off.
Formula 1 chairman and CEO defended the sport’s handling of the Australian Grand Prix, which was cancelled just hours before the first practice session was supposed to begin.
McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown reveals his conflict over withdrawing McLaren from the Australian Grand Prix, while the team confirms 14 more staff have been quarantined.
Formula 1, the FIA and the Australian Grand Prix Corporation have jointly cancelled Sunday’s season-opening race in Australia just hours before the first practice session was due to begin.
Mercedes has written to Formula 1 and the FIA requesting the cancellation of the Australian Grand Prix.
Formula 1 fans were not allowed into Albert Park when the circuit gates were due to open this morning amid confusion over whether the first round of the world championship will go ahead.
Lando Norris says he is disappointed not to be racing in Melbourne this weekend, but supports McLaren’s decision to withdraw from the Australian Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton had strong words about Formula 1’s plan to hold Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix despite the threat from the Coronavirus. But how do his fellow drivers see the situation?
Formula 1 insists it is committed to the safety of all participants after McLaren withdrew from the Australian Grand Prix. A government meeting on the race’s future will be held tomorrow.
Haas has confirmed all four of its team members who were tested for the Coronavirus have returned negative results.
McLaren have announced they will not participate in this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after one of their team members tested positive for the Coronavirus.