Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the United States Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Circuit of the Americas.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||5th||+0.186s||0/56||2||7th||+31.299s|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 United States Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (7%)
- Valtteri Bottas (1%)
- Max Verstappen (64%)
- Sergio Perez (3%)
- Lando Norris (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (5%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (1%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (1%)
- Charles Leclerc (14%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (1%)
- Pierre Gasly (0%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (1%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (1%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (1%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Nicholas Latifi (0%)
- No opinion (1%)
Total Voters: 180
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 United States Grand Prix
- Red Bull pin hopes on high altitude tracks after “Hamilton stronghold” COTA
- F1 announces revised starting times for 22 rounds of 2021 season
- Official: Australian and Chinese GPs postponed, Bahrain and Imola to open season
- Algarve and Imola in the frame to hold races as China joins at-risk list
- F1 confirms record 23-race calendar for 2021 but no race in Vietnam
Debates and polls
- Which of 2022’s four lost F1 drivers will return to the grid in the future?
- Was Verstappen’s penalty for Hamilton collision correct?
- Does Pierre Gasly deserve to be one penalty away from a race ban?
- Did the FIA get Red Bull’s penalty for 2021 budget cap breach right?
- Was Russell’s five-second penalty for Sainz collision the right call?