The FIA said in a statement the test had been arranged “on safety grounds”.
“All Formula One teams have been invited to take part in the test and six have accepted,” it noted, listing the teams who will participate as Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Force India and Toro Rosso.
Formula One’s official tyre supplier Pirelli has been lobbying for more pre-season testing to ensure its tyres are suitable for the new generation of cars and engines being introduced next year.
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty