The eight British-based Formula 1 teams will open their doors to the public at the end of the month.
Red Bull (Milton Keynes), McLaren (Woking), Renault (Enstone), Mercedes (Brackley), Force India (Silverstone), Williams (Wantage), Lotus (Hingham) and Virgin (Sheffield) will offer tours of their facilities during National Motorsport Week.
The tours will be available via a series of competition to be run on the Go Motorsport website throughout the week as follows:
|25th June||Win a tour to the Virgin factory in Sheffield (for fulfillment July 1st)|
|26th June||Win a tour of the Williams F1 factory at Grove, Wantage and passes to attend the Williams F1 Race Day for the Singapore or Monza GP|
|27th June||Win a tour to the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes|
|28th June||Win a tour of the Renault factory at Enstone|
|29th June||Win a tour to the Lotus Factory in Hingham, Norfolk|
|30th June||Win a tour of the Force India factory at Silverstone plus two passes for the Force India VIP British GP partner event|
|1st July||Win a tour of the Mercedes factory at Brackley|
Details of the McLaren tour have not been made available yet.
Colin Hilton, chief executive of the Motor Sport Association, said: “We are delighted that the eight UK-based F1 teams are leading National Motorsport Week from the front by opening their doors to the public, particularly at the height of their busiest period around the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the British Grand Prix.
“While their participation helps to underline the UK?óÔé¼Ôäós leadership in international motor sport, National Motorsport Week is about much more than Formula One; it?óÔé¼Ôäós about people getting out there and getting involved in motor sport for the first time”.
Are you planning to visit one of the factories? Have your say in the comments.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® McLaren