McLaren will attempt to reintroduce their Turkish Grand Prix upgrade package at Barcelona next week.
The team abandoned the upgrade during practice in Istanbul where Lewis Hamilton finished 40 seconds behind winner Sebastian Vettel.
Team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: “As we saw in Istanbul last week, there is always risk inherent in bringing any upgrade to the circuit ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ particularly following the absence of testing.
“For Barcelona, we?óÔé¼Ôäóre planning to reintroduce some of the proposed upgrades initially scheduled for introduction in Istanbul. Once again, however, they?óÔé¼Ôäóll only be introduced if their initial deployment on Friday proves successful.”
Jenson Button added the team were “feeling more positive about getting the most from our planned upgrades.”
He said: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós important to get another strong result under our belts, particularly as we head straight to Monte-Carlo, so maintaining momentum will be vital.”
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® McLaren